Sunday, March 2, 2008

She cut the yarn!!

Oh yes, ladies she cut the piece of work in two... now I know this is called cutting a Steek. Its for creating holes in the work for one reason or another (think arm holes.)
Saturday was my first class that I took related to knitting.  It was a Fair Isle class taught by the FABULOUS Jane Prater.   Now everyone, I have been getting to know Jane at our Wednesday night meet-ups and at the yarn store, and one of the things I love about her is her motto when it comes to knitting... "Relax, it's just knitting!"  and she is correct.   One of my favorite parts of this class is the little tricks you learn and I will forever be bowing to her feet for this one... I can now knit backwards!  YES!   KNIT BACKWARDS!!! This means I do not have to turn the work to purl.   Best of all, its so damn simple!   Here is the iCard I sent Jane..



Janes Thank You Card.png
Originally uploaded by applekidnc



I loved this class and yes, it was the greatest way to start of my Birthday week.  You can see my sample work I played with in class.   It's so neat to see how the colors come together... now I just have to get working on a project!    





FairIsleClassSample.jpg
Originally uploaded by applekidnc

1 comment:

Jane Prater said...

Gosh, I kinda like that word Fabulous. You didn't mention the enjoyable after class at the pub next door.