Monday, February 25, 2008

Sock #2 Heel Turn!

I am in the home stretch!    Sock #2 should be completed by Wednesday night knitting group and  then I can start on a new pair.   I started on a new project as well, so now I have two going at the same time.  

Last night I had two of very best friends over for dinner, and I made slow cooked pork roast.   It was so freaking yummy and was the easiest recipe!   Got to love allrecipies.com.    Along with this yummy roast, I made roasted vegetables, and mom made some acorn squash.   Then we had chocolate chip cookies... baked from scratch right out of the toll house package!   ;-)
 
After dinner we watched the Oscars together, and I worked on the socks some more, and much to my surprise Louis wanted to learn how to knit!   So I pulled out some needles, and some scrap yarn and taught him how to knit.  Now he is a righty and Davey is a lefty here, so I had to stop and think how it would be best to teach him.  This was cool because it was good practice for when I have to lean how to knit with both hands at the Fair Isle class on Saturday.   Damn it felt good to teach someone how to knit!  I can't wait till Louis is making his own projects.  

Speaking of the Oscars last night, did you see Helen Mirrien?   DAMN she looked fierce!   (and her opening speech was awesome too.)  Helen is one of my all time favorite actresses and it was good to see her on.   What was up with Enchanted?   It was nominated for three out of the five songs and not one win!   WE WAS ROBBED!   But, Kristen Chenowith sang and that made me happy.   

 So how is everyone out there in knitting land?   

Off to the shower then to the Apple Store....  love to all... 


2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

I was really surprised that Enchanted didn't win at all. And YAY on heel #2!

Amanda said...

Congrats on the heel turn! Those socks are awesome. Helen Mirren is a great actress, love her work. :-)